Prof. J. Baillieul
Electrical and Computer Engineering
ENG ME/SE740 Course Outline: (Spring 2018)
1. Foundations of intelligent mechatronics
2. Geometry and robot coordinate systems
3. Euclidean group theory and kinematic equations
4. Differential relationships
5. Specifying robot motions
6. Analytical dynamics of mechanical systems
7. Control: basic issues
8. Control: sampled data systems
9. Control: advanced topics
10. The control theory of micro-mechanical systems
11. Advanced topics: kinematic redundancy
12. Advanced topics: Super-articulated mechanical systems
13. Advanced topics: Information based control
14. Advanced topics: Networked control systems
Communication regarding this course will frequently involve this Web page.
Course handouts 2018 (click to retrieve):
1. Course syllabus outline: [PDF] or [HTML].
2. Course project description [PDF].
—Sample proposals from 2017.
3. Sample project report (too long but otherwise good)
Elbow manipulator solution here.
Course readings: See Syllabus.
Intelligent Mechatronics Lab in the news.
Mini Projects Page .
Last Revised: January 11, 2018