- ``Uncovering Characteristic Response Paths of a Population’’ (SSRN), Y. Song, N. Sahoo, S. Srinivasan, C. Dellarocas, Forthcoming at INFORMS Journal on Computing
- ``Matching Returning Donors to Projects on Philanthropic Crowdfunding Platforms’’, Y. Song, Z. Li, N. Sahoo. Management Science, 2021
- ``Reducing Product Expiration by Aligning Salesforce Incentives: A Data-driven Approach’’ (SSRN), A. Akkas, N. Sahoo. Productions and Operations Management, 2020
- ``When and How to Diversify—A Multi-Category Utility Model for Personalized Content Recommendation’’ (SSRN), Y. Song, N. Sahoo, E. Ofek; Management Science, 2019
- ``The Impact of Online Product Reviews on Product Returns’’ (SSRN), N. Sahoo, C. Dellarocas, S. Srinivasan; Information Systems Research, 2018
- ``How to Attract and Retain Readers in Enterprise Blogging?’’, P. Singh, N. Sahoo, T. Mukhopadhyay, Information Systems Research, 2014
- ``A Hidden Markov Model for Collaborative Filtering’’ (PDF), N. Sahoo, P. Singh, T. Mukhopadhyay, MIS Quarterly, 2012
- ``The Halo Effect in Multi-component Ratings and its Implications for Recommender Systems: The Case of Yahoo! Movies’’ (PDF), N. Sahoo, R. Krishnan, G. Duncan, J. Callan, Information Systems Research, 2011
- ``Effects of Content Sourcing Strategy on Online News Subscription’’ (SSRN), X. Yang, N. Sahoo, T. Simcoe
- ``Stability, Fairness and the Pursuit of Happiness in Recommender Systems’’ (SSRN) G. Benade and N. Sahoo
Proceedings with Copyright
- ``Applications of Voting Theory to Information Mashups’’ In Proceedings of the second IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC'08), A. Alba, V. Bhagwan, J. Grace, D. Gruhl, K. Haas, M. Nagarajan, J. Pieper, C. Robson, N. Sahoo
- ``Incremental Hierarchical Clustering of Text Documents.’’ In Proceedings of the Fifteenth ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'06), N. Sahoo, J. Callan, R. Krishnan, G. Duncan, R. Padman. 15% acceptance rate.
- ``Artist Ranking through Analysis of Online Community Comments’’, IBM Research Technical Report, J. Grace, D. Gruhl, K. Haas, M. Nagarajan, C. Robson, N. Sahoo
Reports and Theses
- Ph.D. thesis entitled “Three Essays on Enterprise Information Systems Mining for Business Intelligence” (PDF) at Heinz College, CMU.
- ``Socio-temporal analysis of conversations in intra-organizational blogs’’ (PDF), N. Sahoo, R. Krishnan, C. Faloutsos—an unpublished working paper on identifying the topics and the levels of expertise of individuals from the content they produce on online social media platforms. The corresponding project page with more details: Uncovering Expertise.
- Second research paper at Heinz College entitled “Experiments with Multi-component Rating Collaborative Filtering for Improved Recommendation” (PDF)
- MS project at Machine Learning Department at CMU entitled “Incremental Hierarchical Clustering of Text Documents” (PDF)
- ``An Approach to Multi-objective Facility Layout Planning.’’ (PDF) Industrial Engineering Journal, 2002, XXXI No. 4, 20–25, N. Sahoo, T. Shekhar, S. Sahu