Weiyao Xiao 肖伟耀
Senior System Engineer
Akamai Technologies, Inc.
8 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142
Latest News: I’m now working as a senior system engineer in the Mapping group at Akamai Technologies, Inc. in Cambridge, MA.
Weiyao Xiao received his B.Eng. from Harbin Institute Technology, Harbin, China, M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA in 2004, 2007 and 2010, respectively. He has interned at SAP Labs, LLC, Palo Alto, CA for 6 months in 2006. He has also interned at Deutsche Telekom A.G., Laboratories (T-Labs) in Berlin, Germany in summer 2009. His research interests include data dissemination in wireless networks, designing Over-the-Air Programming protocols for wireless sensor network, network coding, video streaming, peer-to-peer network traffic characterization and statistical estimation. He was a student member of the IEEE. After graduation, he worked at Bloomberg L.P. in New York. He is now working at Akamai Technologies, Inc..
Click to download CV.
Wireless sensor network
Extreme value theory
Reliable Data Dissemination in Dense Wireless Networks
1. W. Xiao, S. Agarwal, D. Starobinski, and A. Trachtenberg, "Reliable Rateless Wireless Broadcasting with Near-Zero Feedback," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, to appear. [Link].
2. W. Xiao, S. Agarwal, D. Starobinski, and A. Trachtenberg, “Reliable Wireless Broadcasting with Near-Zero Feedback,” in IEEE INFOCOM 2010, San Diego, California, March 2010. [Link].
3. W. Xiao and D. Starobinski, “Extreme Value FEC for Reliable Broadcasting in Wireless Networks,” in IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Simple Wireless Sensor Networking Solutions, to appear. [Link].
4. D. Starobinski and W. Xiao, “Asymptotically Optimal Data Dissemination in Multi-Channel Wireless Sensor Networks: Single Radios Suffice,” in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, to appear. [Link].
5. W. Xiao and D. Starobinski, “Extreme Value FEC for Wireless Data Broadcasting,” in IEEE INFOCOM '09, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009. [Link].
6. D. Starobinski, W. Xiao, X. Qin, and A. Trachtenberg, “Near-Optimal Data Dissemination Policies for Multi-Channel, Single Radio Wireless Sensor Networks,” in IEEE INFOCOM '07, Anchorage, Alaska, May 2007. [Link].
7. W. Xiao and D. Starobinski, “Poster abstract: Exploiting multi-channel diversity to speed up over-the-air programming of wireless sensor networks,” in SenSys '05: Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on Embedded networked sensor systems, pp. 292-293, 2005. [Link].
8. H. Zhang, S.Wang, G. Zhai, and W. Xiao, “Discussion of Test Standard for Particle Impact Noise Detection,” in Low Voltage Apparatus, No. 4, 2005. [Link].
W. Ren, G. Zhai, D. Li, and W. Xiao, “Discussion on Micro
Electromagnetic Relay Based on MEMS Technology,” in
Electromechanical Components, Vol. 24 No. 3, 2004. [Link].