The Gunung Palung Orangutan Project was established in 1994 by Dr. Cheryl Knott. We integrate scientific research about orangutan biology and ecology with conservation programs aimed at the preservation of this highly endangered species and its habitat.
Within these pages you will find:
- information on the location and history of Gunung Palung
- general information about orangutans
- descriptions of our scientific research
- information about the threats to orangutan survival and a link to our conservation program, Yayasan Palung
- the latest news about orangutan research and conservation and helpful links for more information
Contact: Dr. Cheryl Knott, Boston University Department of Anthropology, 232 Bay State Rd, Boston, MA 02215
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0936199. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.