Welcome to my homepage!
I am a PhD candidate at Boston University joined the Division of Systems Engineering and Center of Information and Systems Engineering in 2009. Currently, I am working in the Network Optimization and Control Lab under supervision of Professor Ioannis Ch. Paschalidis.
My research interests lie in the field of systems and control, optimization theory, distributed optimization algorithms, network optimization, optimal stochastic control, nonlinear control, applied probability and operations research with applications in sensor netwoks and computational biology. In collaboration with Structural Bioinformatic Lab headed by Professor Sandor Vajda, I am developing and implementing new distributed optimization algorithms to solve several NP-hard problems in protein-proten docking.
I graduated from Sharif University of Technology in Iran in 2009 receiving my B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering. My undergraduate research was mainly based on
Stochastic Optimization Theory under supervision of Professor Massoud Babaei-Zadeh
1. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, P. Vakili, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "A New Distributed Algorithm for Side-Chain Positioning in the Process of Protein Docking", submitted to the proceedings of 52nd
IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Firenze, Italy (2013).
2. R. Chowdhury, D. Beglov, Mohammad Moghadasi, I.C. Paschalidis, S. Vajda, P. Vakili and D. Kozakov, "Space-
and Cache-efficient Maintenance of Non-bonded Lists in Macromolecular Simulations." submitted to Journal of
Chemical Theory and Computation (JCTC) (2013).
3. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, F. Haung, P. Vakili, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "A New Distributed
Algorithm for Side-chain Repacking in Protein-Protein Association", in the book of abstracts of 17th
Annual International Conference on Research in Computational Molecular Biology (RECOMB), Beijing, China (2013).
4. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, A. Mamonov, S. Vajda, P. Vakili and I.C. Paschalidis, "A Message Passing
Approach to Side Chain Positioning with Applications in Protein Docking Refinement", in proceedings of 51th
IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Maui, Hawaii (2012). PDF
5. H. Ghadamian, M. Ghadimi, M. Shakouri, Me. Moghadasi and Mohammad Moghadasi, "Analytical Solution for
Energy Modeling of Double Skin Faades Building", in journal of Energy and Buildings, Elsevier, Vol. 50, 158-165 (2012). PDF
6. Me. Moghadasi, H. Ghadamian, H. Farzaneh, Mohammad Moghadasi and H.A. Ozgoli, "CO2 Capture Technical
Analysis for Gas Turbine Flue Gases with Complementary Cycle Assistance Including Non-Linear Mathematical
Modeling". Journal of Procedia Environmental Science, Elsevier, in press. Due to acceptance in the 3rd
International Conference on Sustainable Future for Human Security - SUSTAIN 2012, Kyoto, Japan (2012). PDF
Honors and Awards:
1. Honorable Mention of CISE at Science and Engineering Day , Boston University, 2013
2. Granted the National Science Foundation travel award, RECOMB conference, Beijing, China, 2013
3. Received the Best Paper Award in the international conference on Sustainable Future for Human Security, Kyoto, Japan, 2013
4. Granted the Center of Information and Systems Engineering travel award, CDC conference, Maui, Hawaii, USA, 2012
5. Awarded the Graduate Deans Fellowship, Boston University, 2009
6. Selected as an Exceptional Talent (Ranked 10th/158), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2008
7. Ranked 45th out of 400,000+ participants in the Public Universities Entrance Exam, Iran, 2005
8. Ranked 4th out of 400,000+ participants in the Private Universities Entrance Exam, Iran, 2005
Room 415, Photonics Center, 8 St. Marry street, Boston, MA 02215
Mohamad (at) bu (dot) edu
My LinkedIn Page http://www.linkedin.com/in/moghadasi
My Lab Page http://ionia.bu.edu/Students/index.html