Welcome to my homepage!
I am a PhD candidate at Boston University joined the Division of Systems Engineering and Center of Information and Systems Engineering in 2009. Currently, I am working in the Network Optimization and Control Lab under supervision of Professor Ioannis Ch. Paschalidis.
My research interests lie in the field of systems and control, optimization theory, distributed optimization algorithms, network optimization, optimal stochastic control, nonlinear control, applied probability and operations research with applications in sensor netwoks and computational biology. In collaboration with Structural Bioinformatic Lab headed by Professor Sandor Vajda, I am developing and implementing new distributed optimization algorithms to solve several NP-hard problems in protein-proten docking.
I graduated from Sharif University of Technology in Iran in 2009 receiving my B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering. My undergraduate research was mainly based on
Stochastic Optimization Theory under supervision of Professor Massoud Babaei-Zadeh
Research Assistant at Network Optimization and Control Lab, Boston University, Boston, MA (Sep 2010 - Present)
* Contributed in LIBMOL Project: a C library for computational modeling of molecular structures
* Contributed in developing the FTMap and FTSite Servers (available via http://structure.bu.edu/content/our-servers)
* Developed a novel distributed optimization method to wireless sensor networks scheduling problem
* Developed software tool set based on Monte-Carlo simulations to predict the intercellular interactions
* Developing software tool set for adding the distributed side-chain prediction solver to the server
* Designing a space dimensionality reduction scheme using machine learning techniques over macromolecular data
* Developing a semi-definite programming-based method for stochastic global optimization in docking
Research Intern at NEC Laboratories America, NEC Corporations, Cupertino, CA (May 2013-Aug 2013)
* Modeled the IEEE distribution feeders to approach operation management of energy systems
* Developed a novel approach to Economic Dispatch problem for optimizing power distribution networks
Research Assistant Intern at Control of Discrete Event Systems (CODES) Lab, Boston University, Boston, MA (May 2010 - Aug 2010)
* Designed and implemented a new optimization approach to control discrete-event and hybrid systems
R&D Intern at Mehad-Sanat Corporation, Tehran, Iran (Dec 2008 - Jun 2009)
* Implemented a solver to apply stochastic modeling techniques to modify pricing strategies in C++
Research Assistant at Advanced Digital Signal Processing Lab, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (May 2007- Jun 2009) <\a>
* Applied stochastic optimization and machine learning techniques to decompose the EEG brain signals in MATLAB
1. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, P. Vakili, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "The Impact of Side-Chain Packing on Protein Docking Refinement", submitted to Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (JCTC) (2014)
2. A. Mamonov*, Mohammad Moghadasi*, H. Mirzaei*, O. Schueler-Furman, P. Vakili, I. Paschalidis, S. Vajda, D. Kozakov, "A Multi-stage Refinement Procedure of Rigid Body Protein-Protein Docking Structures", submitted to Journal of Proteins: structure, function and bioinformatics (2013) [* made an equal contribution]
3. R. Chowdhury, D. Beglov, Mohammad Moghadasi, I.C. Paschalidis, S. Vajda, P. Vakili and D. Kozakov, "Efficient Maintenance and Update of Non-bonded Lists in Macromolecular Simulations", in print, Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (JCTC) (2013)
4. H. Ghadamian, M. Ghadimi, M. Shakouri, Me. Moghadasi and Mohammad Moghadasi, "Analytical Solution for Energy Modeling of Double Skin Faades Building", Journal of Energy and Buildings, Elsevier, Vol. 50, 158-165 (2012)
5. Me. Moghadasi, H. Ghadamian, H. Farzaneh, Mohammad Moghadasi, and H.A. Ozgoli, "CO2 Capture Technical Analysis for Gas Turbine Flue Gases with Complementary Cycle Assistance Including Non-Linear Mathematical Modeling", Journal of Procedia Environmental Science, Elsevier, Vol. 17, 648-657 (2013). Presented at SUSTAIN 2012, Kyoto, Japan.
1. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, P. Vakili, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "A New Distributed Algorithm for Side-Chain Positioning in the Process of Protein Docking", in proceedings of 52nd
IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Firenze, Italy (2013).
2. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, F. Haung, P. Vakili, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "A New Distributed
Algorithm for Side-chain Repacking in Protein-Protein Association", in the book of abstracts of 17th
Annual International Conference on Research in Computational Molecular Biology (RECOMB), Beijing, China (2013).
3. Mohammad Moghadasi, D. Kozakov, A. Mamonov, S. Vajda, P. Vakili and I.C. Paschalidis, "A Message Passing
Approach to Side Chain Positioning with Applications in Protein Docking Refinement", in proceedings of 51th
IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Maui, Hawaii (2012). PDF
4. Feng Nan, Mohammad Moghadasi, P. Vakili, D. Kozakov, S. Vajda and I.C. Paschalidis, "A Subspace Semi-Definite programming-based Underestimation (SSDU) method for stochastic global optimization in protein docking", submitted to proceedings of 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Los Angeles, CA (2014)
Honors and Awards:
1. Honorable Mention of CISE at Science and Engineering Day , Boston University, 2013
2. Granted the National Science Foundation travel award, RECOMB conference, Beijing, China, 2013
3. Received the Best Paper Award in the international conference on Sustainable Future for Human Security, Kyoto, Japan, 2013
4. Granted the Center of Information and Systems Engineering travel award, CDC conference, Maui, Hawaii, USA, 2012
5. Awarded the Graduate Deans Fellowship, Boston University, 2009
6. Selected as an Exceptional Talent (Ranked 10th/158), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2008
7. Ranked 45th out of 400,000+ participants in the Public Universities Entrance Exam, Iran, 2005
8. Ranked 4th out of 400,000+ participants in the Private Universities Entrance Exam, Iran, 2005
Room 415, Photonics Center, 8 St. Marry street, Boston, MA 02215
Mohamad (at) bu (dot) edu
My LinkedIn Page http://www.linkedin.com/in/moghadasi
My Lab Page http://ionia.bu.edu/Students/index.html