|Site Evaluation Posts to NiceNet
- Critically evaluate 3 sites that you saw demonstrated in class 3 by your classmates.
- DO NOT use any of the sites you demonstrated.
- We know what we don't like, so let's keep it positive and useful and focus on good sites that we like. Pick 3 sites that you WOULD use in an L2 classroom.
- This written review should be broader and more comprehensive than your presented review: consider all relevant criteria on the rubric.
- You should be able to summarize your evaluation in one or two paragraphs per site. (If I have time, I'll post a sample review to NiceNet about a site you have not seen.)
- Follow directions in the e-mail I sent you to post to NiceNet (go to Conferencing, Topic: "Reactions to 3 site evaluations from Class 3."
1. VISITKOREA: Pedantic
2. KOSNET: Authentic
everythingesl.net (the name is .net but url is .com)
activities for esl students
The 'bad' example was
I also added two websites for 'fun' activities.
funbrain.com for mad libs (plus other games) and
palindromelist.com for palindromes.
1. Sounds of English
2. The ESL wonderland
3. About.Com: English as 2nd language
4. BBC world service: learning English
5. The weather channel: national forecast
1. One stop English from Mcmillan
3. Language advocacy Project
4. ESL Podcasts