- J. Chau, Multiple-Input Multiple-Output Visible Light Communication Receivers for High Data-Rate Mobile Applications, Ph.D. dissertation, Boston University, July 2016.
Publications and conference presentations
- J. Chau, C. Morales, and T.D.C. Little, “Using spatial light modulators in MIMO visible light communication receivers to dynamically control the optical channel,” in Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN '16), pp. 347–352, Junction Publishing, USA, February 2016. [download from ewsn.org]
- J. Chau and T.D.C. Little, “Analysis of CMOS active pixel sensors as linear shift-invariant receivers,” in 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communication Workshop (ICCW), pp. 1398–1403, June 2015.
- J. Chau and T.D.C. Little, “Scalable imaging VLC receivers with token-based pixel selection for spatial multiplexing,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM MobiCom Workshop on Visible Light Communication Systems (VLCS '14), pp. 21–26, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2014. [ACM Author-Izer]
- J. Chau and T.D.C. Little, “Challenges in retaining privacy in smart spaces,” Procedia Computer Science, vol. 19, pp. 556–564, 2013. The 4th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT 2013). [technical report]
- J. Chau and T.D.C. Little, “Challenges for preserving privacy in smart rooms,” in 2nd Annual ACSC Conference, Advanced Cyber Security Center, November 2012.
- P. Butala, J. Chau, and T.D.C. Little. “Metameric modulation for diffuse visible light communications with constant ambient lighting,” in 2012 International Workshop on Optical Wireless Communications (IWOW), pp. 1–3, 2012. [technical report]
- J. Chau, Secure Cooperative Accident Avoidance for Vehicles, Master’s project, Boston University, May 2011. [2016 revision]
- Z. Wu, J. Chau, and T.D.C. Little, “Modeling and designing of a new indoor free space visible light communication system,” in 2011 16th European Conference on Networks and Optical Communications (NOC), pp. 72–75, July 2011. [technical report]
- T.D.C. Little, A. Agarwal, J. Chau, M. Figueroa, A. Ganick, J. Lobo, T. Rich, and P. Schimitsch, “Directional communication system for short-range vehicular communications,” in 2010 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC), pp. 231–238, December 2010. [technical report]
- J. Chau, K. Matarese, and T.D.C. Little, “IP-enabled LED lighting supporting indoor mobile and wireless communications,” MobiSys 2010, June 2010. Poster and demonstration.
- T. Kunz, J. Chau, Z. Wu, L. Hong, J. Reichard, M. Betke, and T.D.C. Little, “Two novel batcams for censusing small colonies of bats,” 38th Annual North American Symposium on Bat Research, October 2008.
Obtaining these publications
Links to download my publications (if they are available online) are provided in the listing above. The content of some publications are also be available through the Multimedia Communication Lab's website as separate technical reports. And ACM Author-Izer links (when available) allow you to download the article directly from ACM's Digital Library for free when you visit the link through my web page.
Alternatively, if you cannot access one of my publications online, you may contact me to request a copy.