Some important information for NRC participants
(1) Housing: We will be staying at the dorms (Sage Point buildings
810-814) at the University of Utah. You don't have to
register/communicate with the housing services in advance, but can
just go ahead to check-in on the 24th at the
Heritage Center (check-in time is 2 pm,
check-out is 12 pm on Saturday, July 28). Please ask about a
guest computing account at time of check-in.
MAP of Sage Point buildings
(2) You will find a draft copy of the program and abstracts, as well as
other conference-related information on the New Researchers Website
(3) The first event of the week is a mixer on Tues 24 July from 6pm -
9pm. This will be held in the "Commander's House" on the University
of Utah campus:
MAP of Commander's House
We would love to see you on Tuesday at the mixer, but if you cannot
attend, please make sure you are at the conference by 8:30am on Wed
25 July. The regular daily sessions will be held in the Health
Science Education Building (HSEB) Alumni Hall (2100):
MAP of HSEB
(4) For those people giving talks, please note that we will have a
computer set up in the room for giving presentations. The machine
will have Acrobat Reader (for PDF files) and Powerpoint
installed. Please bring your talk on a USB key for uploading on the
machine, before your session begins. If you would prefer to email
your talk to us at email@example.com, please do so by
Mon 16 July.
Each talk by participants is 12 minutes in length with 3 minutes for
questions. There will be no exceptions to this rule, so please practice
and make sure your talk fits within this time limit.
(5) The last event of the week is on Sat 28 Aug from 9.00-10.30.
A boxed lunch will be provided. After the morning session, we will
gather our belongings and head to downtown Salt Lake City (location of
(6) At the current time, we can reimburse AT LEAST $250 of your
travel fees (flight, parking, gas, cab fares, etc...).
* The flight should be on a US carrier.
* You MUST have receipts AND and your boarding pass to claim
All reimbursements will be dealt with after The Joint Statistical
meetings (JSM) -- we will email instructions at that time.
(7) The conference dinner will be on the evening of Thu 26 Aug. The
preferences for the main dinner entree must be made beforehand. There are
four choices for the entree at the conference dinner on Thursday evening
at the NRC:
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice asap.
* The deadline for this is Fri 13 July.
* If we do not hear from you, we will book you a VEGETARIAN meal.
If you have any dietary restrictions (allergies to nuts, eggs etc. or anything
else) this would be a good time to re-confirm those (especially if you don't
recall having submitting them at the time of registering).
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you all in Salt Lake City!