Goals from last year:
1. Office for GSO – now has office in 132A, would like to have staff drop-by hours
2. Free student health care – now exists for TA, TF, RA – question of quality is hard to address…
a. Usha has updated health care section of website, including dental alternatives, comparisons with other schools, etc
b. Would like to pool $ with other schools for reduced price dental care at BU dental school
c. May have a talk given to grad students by Chickering rep.
d. Question of student’s legal rights in terms of health care (ie: transferring of medical records)
e. Encourage people in our depts. to speak up about problems they may have at the medical center
3. Grad student housing – has broken ground, 200-300 units
a. Question of what type of housing there is, pricing, availability, etc
1. Survey for determining goals of students to be posted on website – possible incentive among student and program reps to get people to fill out the survey
a. Owen has publicity materials for the survey
b. Possible to have a password to log onto survey (so no repeats)?
c. Add question relating to how aware are students of the role of the GSO?
d. Deadline = 1 month, like health survey?
2. Int’l student group – will get emails from survey – may want to use legal angle to attract students
3. Establish good repor with dept. admin.
Stipends, grants, etc. – including cost of
living info for
5. Is there legal advice available for students?
1. Make programs aware that int’l students have to check in with their dept/ISSO
by Sept. 16
2. AHANA meeting – GSO should reach out to that organization, invite them to our mtgs, etc.
3. Pravda offer – maybe one sat. per month?
4. Fabian – treasurer’s report, money situation is good.
5. Publicize lecture on Lolita to our depts.
6. Let our depts. know about the GSO meetings – open meetings