This site is provided by the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) in
order to inform graduate students about their healthcare options. Please
only bookmark this main healthcare page.
The GSO makes no guarantees about plans listed on this site. Note that
dates are listed with all information since plans and costs change over
time. We have made an effort to report all plans accurately.
Nonetheless, health plans are complicated, so if you have any
corrections to make, we'd like to hear from you.
- Health Insurance:
- Gov't Programs:
- Free Care
- May provide free healthcare (or supplement costs not covered by
your insurance) if you qualify.
- Massachusetts' Medicaid program.
See also the basic
rules for qualifying for MassHealth.
- Medical Security Plan
- May provide healthcare coverage for your family if a member is currently
- COBRA (article)
- Allows some people to continue their employee health plans after leaving
- Children's Medical Security Plan
- May provide healthcare services for your children if you qualify.
- Programs at Hospitals/Health Centers:
Definitions and Explanations
Other Healthcare Plans in Academia (for comparison)
Information on other plans offered in academia so that you may compare
them to what BU offers to students:
To contact the Graduate Student Organization on healthcare issues, send
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.