About the GSO
The GSO is the official representative body of
the graduate students in the Arts and Sciences at Boston University
The purpose of the GSO is:
- To provide a forum for the discussion of matters pertaining
to the welfare of graduate students at BU.
- To advocate on issues of concern
to our graduate student community.
- To serve as a liaison between the graduate student body and
the BU administration.
- To recommend graduate students to serve on BU committees
for which graduate representation is necessary.
- To assist with the process of integrating new students into
graduate student life at BU.
- To sponsor social activities and other events that
encourage the development of the graduate student community.
- To foster effective communication and cooperation among
undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, staff and other members
of the community.
The current officers of the GSO.
Department representatives are a vital part of the GSO. They help by
distributing information to graduate students about current GSO events and
issues, as well as bringing feedback from their department to our monthly
meetings. Some departments are currently unrepresented. If this is true, and you would
be interested in serving as your department's representative, we'd love to
have you as a part of the GSO!
The GSO has a constitution. See how our organization is structured and
processes we use to get things done.
Origin of the GSO
The GSO was founded
Look at a timeline of the major achievements of the GSO.