- Grodal, S. (Forthcoming): Field Expansion and Contraction: How Communities Shape Social and Symbolic Boundaries,
Forthcoming Administrative Science Quarterly
- Grodal, S. and OMahony, S. 2017. How Does a Grand Challenge Becomes Displaced? Explaining the Duality of Field Mobilization
Forthcoming Academy of Management Journal
- Grodal, S. and Kahl, S. 2017 The discursive perspective of market categorization: Interaction, power, and context.
Research in the Sociology of Organizations, From categories to categorization: Studies in sociology, organizations
and strategy at the crossroads, edited by Durand, R., Granqvist, N. and Tyllstrom, A. 51: 151-184.
- Kahl, S. and Grodal, S. 2016. Multi-Level Discourse Analysis: IBM's and Remington Rand's Discursive Market Strategies when
Introducing the Computer 1947-1955 Strategic Management Journal 37(1): 149-166)
- Suarez, F. and Grodal, S. 2015. Mastering the Name Your Product Category Game, Sloan Management Review 56(2): 23-29
- Grodal, S., Suarez, F.S., and Gotsopoulos, A. 2015. The Co-Evolution of Technological Designs and Categories during
Industry Emergence Academy of Management Review , 40(3): 423-445 (equal authorship)
- Grodal, S. and Thoma, G. 2015.: Cross-pollination in Science and Technology: Concept Mobility in Nanobiotechnology
Annales of Economics and Statistics 57-81: 57-80
- Hsu, G. and Grodal, S. 2015. Category Taken-for-grantedness as a Strategic Opportunity: The Case of Light Cigarettes, 1964-1993
American Sociological Review, 80(1): 28-62
- Grodal, S., Nelson, A., and Siino, R.2015. Help-seeking and Help-giving as an Organizational Routine: Continual Engagement in
Innovative Workforthcoming Academy of Management Journal
- Grodal, S. and Granqvist, N. 2014. Great Expectations: Discourse and Affect during Field Emergence,
in Vol. 10 of Research on Emotions in Organizations edited by Neal Ashkanasy, Emerald Group)
- Suarez, F.S, Grodal, S. and Gotsopoulos, A. 2015. Perfect Timing?: Dominant Category and the Window of Opportunity
for Firm Entry into Emerging Industries Strategic Management Journal 36(3): 437-448 (equal authorship)
- Grodal, S. 2013. New Organizational Forms, The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management , Palgrave,
Editors: David Teece and Mie Augie
- Granqvist, N. Grodal, S., and Woolley, J. 2013. Hedging Your Bets: Explaining Executives' Market Labeling Strategies in
Nanotechnology Organization Science 24(2): 395-413. (This paper received the Best Paper Award at the 2009 EGOS Conference)
- Grodal, S., F. S. Suarez, and A. Gotsopoulos 2011. Entry Timing Advantages and the Categorical Dynamics of the Industry Life Cycle,
Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings , August 2011. (This paper was a finalist for the 2011 TIM Best Paper Award.)
- Barley, S., Meyerson, D., and Grodal, S. 2011. Email as a Source and Symbol of Stress, Organization Science
- Granqvist, N., Grodal, S., Woolley, J. 2009. Executives Labeling Strategies in Emerging Domains of Activity:
Constructing and Using Nascent Market Labels, Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings
Grodal, S. (2008): To Incubate Progress (review), Science , 322(5901): 530
- Castellacci, F., Grodal, S., Mendoca, S., and Wibe, M. 2005. Advances and Challenges in Innovation Studies,
Journal of Economic Issues , 39(1)
- Powell, W. W. and Grodal, S. 2004. Networks of Innovators, The Oxford Handbook of Innovation ,
Oxford University Press, Editors: Fagerberg, J., Mowery, D. and Nelson, R. R.
- Grodal, S. 1999. Medarbejdere i Vaekst Skaber Virksomhed i Vaekst (Developing Employees Creates a Developing
Firm),HRM i Industrien , 5.
- Grodal, S. 1998. Kausalitet og Kompleksitet, (Causality and Complexity),Nye Perspektiver , 1.
- Zunino, D., Grodal, S., and Suarez, F. 2017. Familiarity, Creativity and the Adoption of Category Labels in Technology Industries
(1st R&R at Organization Science).
Grodal, S. and G. Thoma 2015. Institutional Logics and Status: Strategic Patenting in the Legal Service Sector"