Selected Research Papers
- "Medicare Part D: Are Insurers Gaming the Low Income Subsidy Design?," (2013, R&R at American Economic Review) Revised draft to be posted soon. Supported by the Sloan
Foundation grant #2011-5-23-ECON
- "Entry and Subcontracting in Public Procurement Auctions" (2013, Paper
, Web Appendix , R&R at Management Science) with Nicola Branzoli.
- "Awarding Price, Contract Performance and Bids Screening: Evidence from Procurement Auctions," (2013, Paper, Web Appendix ) American Economic Journal: Applied Economics , 6(1).
- "Comparing Public Procurement Auctions," (2013, Paper , R&R at International Economic Review)
- "Detecting Bidders Groups in Collusive
Auctions" (2013, Paper
, Web Appendix ) with Timothy
Conley. R&R at American Economic Journal: Microeconomics
- "Common Agency and Coordinated Bids in Sponsored Search Auctions"(2013, Paper) with Maris
Goldmanis and Antonio
Penta. New version to be posted soon.
Winner of the NET Institute 2013 award.
- "The Welfare Effects of Supply Side Regulations in Medicare Part D," with Maria Polyakova and Stephen Ryan . New draft to be posted soon, it will replace the June 2012 PIER UPenn Working Paper 12-026. Supported by the Sloan
Foundation grant #2011-5-23-ECON and National Science Foundation
grant # SES-1357705
List of Other Published and Working Papers
See the CV for a list of all published papers
- "Local Procurement Regulations: The Case of Italy" (with C. Giorgiantonio) resubmitted at International Review of Law and Economics
- "Tutela della concorrenza e rispetto delle specificita territoriali negli appalti di lavori pubblici," (with C. Giorgiantonio) forthcoming in Mercato
Concorrenza e Regole
- "Qualificazione, Aggiudicazione e Subappalti nei Lavori Pubblici: Cosa Insegnano le Riforme Locali?" (with C. Giorgiantonio) forthcoming in Economia Pubblica
- "Favoritism and Inefficiency in Procurement: Evidence from Public Works in Italy," (with C. Giorgiantonio) Rivista di Politica Economica, April/June, 2013, pp. 161 - 190.
- "Introduction to Public Procurement Place in the World: The Charge Toward Sustainability and Innovation" (with M. Frey). Special issue of the Rivista di Politica Economica, April/June, 2013, edited by F. Decarolis and M. Frey.
- "Pricing and Incentives in Publicly Subsidized Health Care Markets: the Case of Medicare Part D," (2012, Paper ) PIER UPenn Working Paper 12-026.
- "La Realizzazione delle Opere Pubbliche,," (with C. Giorgiantonio and G. Palumbo) in Efficienza della Spesa per Infrastrutture volume edited by Fabrizio Balassone, Bank of Italy, June 2012.
- "Appalti Pubblici e Federalismo: Riparto di Competenze e Vincoli Comunitari nell'Affidamento dei Lavori Pubblici in Italia," (with C. Giorgiantonio) Rapporto sulla Finanza Pubblica, Fondazione Rosselli, edited by Francesca Traclo and Marco Nicolai, Maggioli Editore, Romagna, May 2012.
Good to Be True Auctions" (2011, paper) with Michael
Klein. Published as World Bank - PPIAF Note. Entry of the "Body of Knowledge on
- "Cronaca di un fallimento annunciato:
limpiego dellesclusione automatica negli appalti di lavori
pubblici" (2011, Paper) Giornale di
Diritto Amministrativo, Nov, 2011, pp 1246-1251.
Renegotiation of Public Contracts" (2011, English version forthcoming) with Giuliana Palumbo (Bank of Italy). Italian version published in
"Le Infrastrutture in Italia," Bank
of Italy, 2011.
- "Affidamento dei lavori pubblici in Italia: analisi dei meccanismi di selezione del contraente privato" with Cristina Giorgiantonio (Bank of Italy) and Valentina Giovanniello
(Court of Justice, Rome). Published in Mercato
Concorrenza e Regole XIII, 2, August 2011. Italian media coverage: 1 and 2. Republished in Le Infrastrutture in Italia, Bank of Italy,edited by Fabrizio Balassone and Piero Casadio, 2011
Awarding of Public Works in Italy: An Analysis of the Mechanisms for the
Selection of the Contractors" (2010, Paper) with Cristina Giorgiantonio (Bank of Italy) and Valentina Giovanniello
(Court of Justice, Rome). Quaderni di Economia e Finanza, 83-2010.
- "When the Highest Bidder Loses the Auction: Theory
and Evidence from Public Procurement" (2009, Paper) Bank of Italy Working Paper 717
"Bank of Italy Working Paper 717.,"
- "Economic Effects of
Democracy. An Empirical Analysis," (2003, Paper ) Rivista di Politica Economica, 2003, Nov-Dic, pp. 69 - 116.
Winning paper: Young Economist Award, 2004. Attributed by the European Economic
Winning Paper: Angelo Costa Award, 2003. Attributed by the Rivista di Politica Economica to the best
Italian BA theses in Economics, 1' classified.