Selected Research Papers
- "Detecting Bidders Groups in Collusive
, Web Appendix ) with Timothy
Conley, American Economic Journal: Microeconomics Vol. 8, No. 2 May, pp. 1-38, 2016.
- "Medicare Part D: Are Insurers Gaming the Low Income Subsidy Design?," (Paper
, Web Appendix ), American Economic Review, 105(4): 1547-80, 2015.
- "Entry and Subcontracting in Public Procurement Auctions," (Paper
, Web Appendix ) with Nicola Branzoli, Management Science, Vol. 61, Iss. 12, pp. 2945-2962, 2015
- "Awarding Price, Contract Performance and Bids Screening: Evidence from Procurement Auctions," (Paper, Web Appendix ) American Economic Journal: Applied Economics , 6(1), 2014.
- "Renegotiation of Public Contracts: An Empirical Analysis," with Giuliana Palumbo (Paper), Economic Letters, Vol. 132, July 2015, pp. 77-81, 2015
- "The Unintended Effects of the Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy," (Paper), Health Policy, Vol. 119, Issue 5, May 2015, pp. 597-603, 2015
- "Local Procurement Regulations: The Case of Italy" with C. Giorgiantonio (Paper), International Review of Law and Economics, Vol. 43, August 2015, pp 209-226, 2015
- "Insurers Response to Selection Risk: Evidence from Medicare Enrollment Reforms," (NBER WP 22876) with Andrea Guglielmo, forthcoming at Journal of Health Economics.
- "Comparing Public Procurement Auctions," (Paper), conditionally accepted at International Economic Review
2. Completed Working Papers
List of Other Published and Working Papers
See the CV for a list of all published papers
- "Competition in Procurement Markets: The Case of Medical Devices in Europe," Italian Antitrust Review
- "Public Procurement of Healthcare in Europe:
The Case of Medical Devices
," (with C. Giorgiantonio) Rivista di politica EconomicaVol. 104 (4/4), pp. 7-36, 2015
- "Tutela della concorrenza e rispetto delle specificita territoriali negli appalti di lavori pubblici," (with C. Giorgiantonio) forthcoming in Mercato
Concorrenza e Regole
- "Qualificazione, Aggiudicazione e Subappalti nei Lavori Pubblici: Cosa Insegnano le Riforme Locali?" (with C. Giorgiantonio) forthcoming in Economia Pubblica
- "Favoritism and Inefficiency in Procurement: Evidence from Public Works in Italy," (with C. Giorgiantonio) Rivista di Politica Economica, April/June, 2013, pp. 161 - 190.
- "Introduction to Public Procurement Place in the World: The Charge Toward Sustainability and Innovation" (with M. Frey). Special issue of the Rivista di Politica Economica, April/June, 2013, edited by F. Decarolis and M. Frey.
- "Pricing and Incentives in Publicly Subsidized Health Care Markets: the Case of Medicare Part D," (2012, Paper ) PIER UPenn Working Paper 12-026.
- "La Realizzazione delle Opere Pubbliche,," (with C. Giorgiantonio and G. Palumbo) in Efficienza della Spesa per Infrastrutture volume edited by Fabrizio Balassone, Bank of Italy, June 2012.
- "Appalti Pubblici e Federalismo: Riparto di Competenze e Vincoli Comunitari nell'Affidamento dei Lavori Pubblici in Italia," (with C. Giorgiantonio) Rapporto sulla Finanza Pubblica, Fondazione Rosselli, edited by Francesca Traclo and Marco Nicolai, Maggioli Editore, Romagna, May 2012.
Good to Be True Auctions" (2011, paper) with Michael
Klein. Published as World Bank - PPIAF Note. Entry of the "Body of Knowledge on
- "Cronaca di un fallimento annunciato:
limpiego dellesclusione automatica negli appalti di lavori
pubblici" (2011, Paper) Giornale di
Diritto Amministrativo, Nov, 2011, pp 1246-1251.
Renegotiation of Public Contracts" (2011, English version forthcoming) with Giuliana Palumbo (Bank of Italy). Italian version published in
"Le Infrastrutture in Italia," Bank
of Italy, 2011.
- "Affidamento dei lavori pubblici in Italia: analisi dei meccanismi di selezione del contraente privato" with Cristina Giorgiantonio (Bank of Italy) and Valentina Giovanniello
(Court of Justice, Rome). Published in Mercato
Concorrenza e Regole XIII, 2, August 2011. Italian media coverage: 1 and 2. Republished in Le Infrastrutture in Italia, Bank of Italy,edited by Fabrizio Balassone and Piero Casadio, 2011
Awarding of Public Works in Italy: An Analysis of the Mechanisms for the
Selection of the Contractors" (2010, Paper) with Cristina Giorgiantonio (Bank of Italy) and Valentina Giovanniello
(Court of Justice, Rome). Quaderni di Economia e Finanza, 83-2010.
- "When the Highest Bidder Loses the Auction: Theory
and Evidence from Public Procurement" (2009, Paper) Bank of Italy Working Paper 717
"Bank of Italy Working Paper 717.,"
- "Economic Effects of
Democracy. An Empirical Analysis," (2003, Paper ) Rivista di Politica Economica, 2003, Nov-Dic, pp. 69 - 116.
Winning paper: Young Economist Award, 2004. Attributed by the European Economic
Winning Paper: Angelo Costa Award, 2003. Attributed by the Rivista di Politica Economica to the best
Italian BA theses in Economics, 1' classified.